Employment Opportunity – Peer to Peer Family Support PartnersFamily Support Organization of Bergen County, an NJ nonprofit organization, is seeking part-time Peer to Peer Family Support Partners to work in Bergen County to provide support, education and advocacy for families who are raising children with emotional/ behavioral; developmental/intellectual or substance abuse challenges.
APPLICANT MUST BE A PARENT OR CAREGIVER of a child with complex needs. Applicants must have personally raised or are raising child/children with similar needs of the families we serve. Applicants should be familiar and have advocated (on behalf of their child/grandchild/sibling etc.,) with various system providers such as: schools; juvenile justice; mental health; child welfare, etc.
Peer to Peer Family Partners will be required to:
- Learn, understand and educate families on the values and principles of the NJ Children’s System of Care and the Wraparound Model.
- Build supportive relationships with parents/caregivers.
- Coach families on techniques of self-advocacy.
- Provide direct advocacy by participating in Child Family Teams, (CFT) Individual Educational Planning (IEP), court hearings, and other meetings as required.
- Act as a referral resource to parents and caregivers.
- Successfully complete all trainings required for the position.
- Maintain written and electronic records as required.
Flexible schedule including evening/night work required. Other requirements include; valid driver’s license, clean driving record, reliable transportation, and solid computer skills. Full background check will be conducted by Family Support Organization of Bergen County.
Send resume/cover letter to: email@example.com or fax to 201-796-1151.